Responsibilities and Risk Management
Chebucto Hiking Club leaders are volunteers and not professional guides. All outings are at your own risk. Come prepared for your safety as well as the safety of others.
Chebucto Hiking Club will not be held liable for any injuries, expenses, or inconveniences that participants may experience during any hike.
- Be aware of what the hike entails so they can opt out if they do not feel up to the challenge.
- Read the hike description and understand whether or not there are other things you may need to do or bring to participate in the hike. Have proper attire and kit for hiking, i.e. comfortable hiking shoes, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, lots of water, energy snacks, first aid kit, medications if needed.
- Be responsible for themselves. If you choose to join a hike, you do so voluntarily and completely at your own risk and expense
- Risks may include:
- variable trail and weather conditions
- participants not respecting their personal fitness limits
- falls, scrapes, cuts, breaks, sprains, punctures, insect bites and stings, fatigue, dehydration, allergic reactions, hypothermia, heat exhaustion, heatstroke, getting wet and dirty, wildlife encounters
- inadequate water and food, and unsuitable equipment